IPv6 is enabled for products and services by 6 June 2012

News dal mondo dell' I.T.C. Partecipa anche tu.
NicCo
Amministratore
Amministratore

IPv6 is enabled for products and services by 6 June 2012

Post by NicCo »

Source:
http://www.worldipv6launch.org/
Major Internet service providers (ISPs), home networking equipment manufacturers, and web companies around the world are coming together to permanently enable IPv6 for their products and services by 6 June 2012.

Organized by the Internet Society, and building on the successful one-day World IPv6 Day event held on 8 June 2011, World IPv6 Launch represents a major milestone in the global deployment of IPv6. As the successor to the current Internet Protocol, IPv4, IPv6 is critical to the Internet's continued growth as a platform for innovation and economic development.
This Time It is For Real
Major Internet service providers (ISPs), home networking equipment manufacturers, and web companies around the world are uniting to redefine the global Internet and permanently enable IPv6 for their products and services on 6 June 2012.

In italiano:
http://www.businessmagazine.it/news/6-g ... 42463.html
http://www.lastampa.it/_web/cmstp/tmplr ... sezione=38

IPV6 è il nuovo standard di indirizzamento della rete per fruire di tutti i prodotti e dei servizi

Non potremo più suggerire agli utenti di disattivare IPV6, come abbiamo fatto spesso in passato, quando qualcosa rallenta la rete...
Credo che il problema non si ripresenterà in quanto essendo divenuto protocollo predefinito, tutto è stato preparato accuratamente.

Bye,
NicCo
--- Professional experience ---
Kernel designer, engineer, maintainer and tester for ROSA Desktop and OpenMandriva Lx O.S.

--- currently I'm playing with ---
LTS Kernels > Linux 4.1.12-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.18.17-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.14.46-nrjQL
EOL Kernels > Linux 3.19.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.17.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.15.10-nrjQL

promeneur
Utente senior
Utente senior
ROSA: -
OpenMandriva: 2010.3 i586
Kernel: 3.5.7 nrj dsktp pae
Desktop: MIB kde 4.8.4

Re: IPv6 is enabled for products and services by 6 June 2012

Post by promeneur »

my provider has supplied ipv6 since 2007 but i switch to ipv6 only the 2012/06/05.

since this date i have not encoutered any pb with mandriva 2010.2

it sems mandriva use hybrid ipv6-ipv4 with prefered ipv6 settings

my lan is very simple. one pc with a bridge to internet plus sometime my smartphone nokia 5800 wich also uses a hybrid ipv6-ipv4 with prefered ipv6

i use ipv6-test.com and test-ipv6.com to check my settings
Asus M2N, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+, 8 GB, Asus Nvidia 210 silent, Linksys WMP600N, Plugable USB-BT4LE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter, lecteur multicarte Addonics AEIDDSAU, HP LaserJet 1220

rolf
Utente
Utente
ROSA: R3 2012.1 x86_64
OpenMandriva: OMV 2014.0 x86_64
Kernel: 3.13.11-nrjQL-realti
Desktop: KDE 4.13.2

Re: IPv6 is enabled for products and services by 6 June 2012

Post by rolf »

Hi,
Almost one year later, I come here from a google search, as my provider, Comcast, is implementing ipv6 via DHCPv6-PrefixDelegation.

I am pinging, here, as a Comcast tech told me this ipv6 should be available to my modem, which supports it. There is a router behind that where I will have to change and configure firmware (Tomato on the Linksys WRT54-GL v1.1). However, first step would be to verify this ipv6 is available by connecting the desktop directly to the modem. I have installed dhcpv6-client, which includes the /sbin/dhcp6c binary, but have not found how to get an ipv6 address on my machine, testing on Mandriva 2011.0 (Official) x86_64. I also have 64-bit up-to-date Rosa Fresh Desktop, where I have not yet tried this.

MCC has only a checkbox for a 6-4 tunnel but I want to configure for native dual-stack ipv6 that Comcast provides.

Has anyone figured this out?

Thanks. :)