Tra le varie novità quella che salta subito all'occhio è:
* Experimental support for Mac OS X guests
Sarebbe il primo programma VM a supportare ufficialmente una guest VM con sistema operativo Apple Mac OS X
Please do NOT use this VirtualBox Beta release on production machines. A VirtualBox Beta release should be considered a bleeding-edge release meant for early evaluation and testing purposes.
You can download the binaries here.
Please do NOT open bug reports at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Bugtracker but use our VirtualBox Beta Feedback forum to report any problems with the Beta. Please concentrate on reporting regressions since VirtualBox 3.1.6.
VirtualBox Version 3.2.0 is a major update. The following major new features were added:
* Following the acquisition of Sun Microsystems by Oracle Corporation, the product is now called Oracle VM VirtualBox and all references were changed without impacting compatibility.
* Experimental support for Mac OS X guests
* Memory ballooning to dynamically in- or decrease the amount of RAM used by a VM (64-bit hosts only) (see the manual for more information)
* CPU hot-plugging for Linux (hot-add and hot-remove) and certain Windows guests (hot-add only) (see the manual for more information)
* New Hypervisor features: with both VT-x/AMD-V on 64-bit hosts, using large pages can improve performance (see the manual for more information); also, on VT-x, unrestricted guest execution is now supported (if nested paging is enabled with VT-x, real mode and protected mode without paging code runs faster, which mainly speeds up guest OS booting)
* Support for deleting snapshots while the VM is running
* Support for multi-monitor guest setups in the GUI (see the manual for more information)
* USB tablet/keyboard emulation for improved user experience if no Guest Additions are available
* LsiLogic SAS controller emulation
* RDP video acceleration
* NAT engine configuration via API and VBoxManage
* Guest Additions: added support for executing guest applications from the host system
* OVF: enhanced OVF support with custom namespace to preserve settings that are not part of the base OVF standard
In addition, the following items were fixed and/or added:
* VMM: fixed crash with the OpenSUSE 11.3 milestone kernel during early boot (software virtualization only)
* VMM: fixed OS/2 guest crash with nested paging enabled
* VMM: fixed Windows 2000 guest crash when configured with a large amount of RAM (bug 5800)
* VMM: fixed massive display performance loss (AMD-V with nested paging only)
* Linux/Solaris guests: PAM module for automatic logons added
* GUI: guess the OS type from the OS name when creating a new VM
* GUI: added VM setting for passing the time in UTC instead of passing the local host time to the guest (bug 1310)
* GUI: fixed seamless mode on secondary monitors (bugs 1322 and 1669)
* GUI: added --seamless and --fullscreen command line switches (bug 4220)
* Settings: be more robust when saving the XML settings files
* Mac OS X: rewrite of the CoreAudio driver and added support for audio input (bug 5869)
* Mac OS X: external VRDP authentication module support (bug 3106)
* Mac OS X: Moved the realtime dock preview settings to the VM settings (no global option anymore). Use the dock menu to configure it.
* Mac OS X: added the VM menu to the dock menu
* VBoxManage: iSCSI disks do not support adding a comment (bug 4460)
* 3D support: fixed corrupted surface rendering (bug 5695)
* 3D support: fixed VM crashes when using ARB_IMAGING (bug 6014)
* 3D support: fixed assertion when guest applications uses several windows with single OpenGL context (bug 4598)
* 3D support: added GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object support
* 3D support: added OpenGL 2.1 support
* 3D support: fixed Final frame of Compiz animation not updated to the screen (Mac OS X only) (bug 4653)
* Added support for virtual high precision event timer (HPET)
* LsiLogic: Fixed detection of hard disks attached to port 0 when using the drivers from LSI
* NAT: fixed ICMP latency (non-Windows hosts only; bug 6427)
* Keyboard/Mouse emulation: fixed handling of simultaneous mouse/keyboard events under certain circumstances (bug 5375)
* Shared folders: fixed issue with copying read-only files (Linux guests only; bug 4890)
* OVF: fixed mapping between two IDE channels in OVF and the one IDE controller in VirtualBox
Thanks for your help!